Thursday, November 27, 2008

Almost Walking!!!

She started on Thursday 11/20 to take some steps on her own!!! We are so excited! For the past couple of months, she's been holding our hands to go walking. The last few weeks though, she started to reach for and grab our fingers and start going, actually pulling-like she won't even try to walk unless she's got somebody's finger to hold! Well, on Thursday (11/20) we just got done with some family pictures that were being taken at the Mesa Temple. We went inside the Visitor Center, I had to use the bathroom while J and Savannah waited for me. When I came out, Savannah was leaning against a bench facing outward (like she's leanig against the couch in the previous video I posted). When she saw me, she got excited and then, on her own, she leaned forward and actually took 2 steps OF HER OWN FREE WILL. In the past, when we try to get her to walk between the two of us, she won't let go of our hand, or if we do, she immediately sits down, or if she knows we're letting go, she'll lean forward and practically fall on her face to get to whoever is there to "catch" her.
Anyway, later in the day, we were at Best Buy in the DVD section while Jason used the bathroom(Jason wanted to show me the camera that he wants to get-a Cannon 990is or something like that) and Savannah was playing with the DVDs in the aisle and she let go of my hand and took 3 steps toward me!! Yay!

Tonight (Wed 11/26), we were at our friends' house playing BINGO and Savannah was standing next to their fridge with no hands, occupied with a letter magnet, for a really long time-the longest she's EVER stood by herself! And throughout the night, she was taking a lot of steps back and forth to people. I think it'll only be days until she's really walking on her own (am I being too confident in my daughter's skills?)
I don't have any pictures/video of her yet on this, but hope to post some soon.

No comments: