Sunday, August 30, 2009

Camping Trip

So last weekend, we went camping with a bunch of people from our ward! It actually started out to be a trip that was planned with the Payne family and us. There were some people that wanted to go, and then others wanted to join in, and before we knew it, we had 9 families camping together!!! Griffins (David and Tommy), us, the Paynes, Moores, Buchanons, Kamatas, Colins', and on Friday night, the Trexlers and the Whipples joined us too!

It was soo much fun! Savannah LOVED being outdoors and playing with Tommy, Nicholas, Alex, Kylie, Lucy, Alice, Brayden, and Annie. It was like an extended playgroup!

It was nice to get away from the heat of Tempe AZ. It wasn't as cool as I had thought it would be, but it was still way better than 110 degrees!
I was able to trade vehicles with my sister, who had a Dodge Caravan. We had so much more room! We were able to take our good friend and his son, David and Tommy Griffin.
Here are some of the pictures of our experience!
So just before we left, Savannah and Tommy were playing together, but Savannah had not had her nap yet and it was getting late, so she was grumpy and not happy with sharing her toys with Tommy! Here's a photo I got of her in her little tanttrum!!

Here's Tommy, Savannah and me in the car on the way to Airplane Flats! Those two had fun riding in the same car! What better way to enjoy camping than to have the spouse do the cooking??? Today's specialty: Pancakes, bacon, & Orange Juice.
Jason and Savannah hiked with the rest of the group to the Fish Hatchery. Jason wished he had a carrier for her, because she was so exhausted from the walk, she fell asleep on the way back to camp, and Jason had to carry her in his arms for a good while!
You might be asking, where was I? Silvia and I made a run to Heber for supplies. Once those in our camp found out we were making a run to the nearest town, we started taking orders! Shoelaces, ice, slingshot, and more ice!! What our husbands don't know, is that we snuck in a quick stop to Dairy Queen!!! We figured we were missing out on some fun and wanted to have some fun of our own!! he he he!


Oh, what's this on the ground...........


Mmmmm......not sure what this is.....but it seems a bit tasty....... One of her good friends, Nicholas, was so sweet! He got the soccer ball for Savannah when it went rolling down the hill! I happened to catch a picture of it!!


Savannah LOVED having kids to play Ring Around the Rosy with her! Here she's having a blast with Kylie Moore and Nicholas Payne.

On Saturday morning, a game of Frisbee Golf was gonna happen, and since Silvia and I missed it from the day before, we teamed up to be the only GIRL team to play! (I ditched Jason as my teammate) Love ya Jason!! We had so much fun, it was some hiking, climbing, chatting, and fun! Silvia and I got the most points!!!!Here are all the players: Jason and Justin Trexler, Stacy and Luis (they were good), David and Jeremy, (they were good too), Heidi and Dallin (apparently, they escaped the camera), and then us-Silvia and I.

She had SSOOO much fun, that she fell asleep in the car only after 7 to 10 minutes into the ride home!!! Soon after, her little friend, Tommy fell asleep too!
It was a wonderful trip! Thanks to the Payne family for inviting us to go camping with them, and thanks to all those families that joined us and made it memorable!!
I forgot how much I enjoyed camping, since it'd been a few years since I'd gone. The only times though that I have gone in the past, was with my family over Labor Day weekend. It's become tradition to go to the mountains past Roosevelt Lake over Labor Day weekend. My family has been doing this since 1962! One of my sisters was only 1 month old, when they started the tradition. The only problem is, you need 4x4 to go up the mountain to the campsite, that we call, The Apple Orchard. I've always hitched a ride with family, and since Jason and I have been married, we went up in our own 4x4 Jeep Cherokee one year and it was a BLAST! Makes me want my own 4x4 again! Someday.......
Anyway, so this year, it looks like we will be going up with Jason's mom, Wendy. She is coming down to AZ from UT to go camping with us and will let us use her 4x4 Denali Suburban to go up. We are so excited!
I hope to go camping more often, now that I know of some campsites (that don't require 4x4) up by Payson. Jason's not as excited about camping as me, but give it a few more times and maybe it'll grow on him.....you think?

3 comments:

Becky said...

That looks like so much fun!!

Whipple's said...

Which Whipple's?...anyways we love to camp to we should plan something sometime...we like to go up near Payson too mostly...we go quite often...glad you had a great time. Oh you could have borrowed our truck if needed, but have an awesome time up at the apple orchard. Love Ya Julz

Jessie said...

oh, how fun! what a great idea to have all those kids there. i am jealous. :)