Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Utah Trip Day 2-Oct 2

-PREYED UPON-

We stayed the night with Jason's Aunt Bonnie on Wednesday night. As I was bringing in some luggage (I shoulda had Jason do this....but....) I walked in the door and felt something on my leg, by my left knee, and it kinda scared me. It kinda hurt, but not really bad. I'm not the type of girl that is "afraid" of bugs, so I wasn't freaking out or screaming or anything. I walked downstairs to the bathroom and pulled off my pants. I didn't see any bitemarks or bugs on my leg, so I sighed with relief. I peeked into my pant leg though and lo and behold, a Prey Mantis was in there!!!! That made me start to freak out!! I called out to Jason to rescue me and I stepped out of the bathrOom, while he went to work on taking care of my problem. Wow-I've never had anything like that happen before. Of course in the rush of things, I didn't get any pictures of this tale of mine, so you're gonna have to trust sweet little me that I'm telling the absolute truth of it! : )
-AUNT BONNIE-
We had a wonderful visit with Bonnie and then Christopher showed us all of his music and DVD collections. Bonnie is Jason's aunt on his mom's side.
Here's Savannah with her Great Aunt Bonnie. She does a lot of scrapbooking for her sisters and has kept the family contact list up-to-date, as well as keeping the family history too! Very impressive woman!
Here's Savannah and Dad with cousin Christopher. He was very shy and had to be convinced to be in the picture. Thank you Christopher! He loves music (80's--which is the best kind of course!) and DVD's.

The Mission Reunion consisted of 2 activities. Thursday night was a Temple trip to the Mt Timpanogas Temple. So we headed out to SLC for this and had a late start leaving Washington UT. Savannah slept most of the 4.5 hour trip to Taylorsville. When she was awake though, she was happy!

-TEMPLE TRIP-
I rushed to change my clothes and leave for American Fork. I ended up being too late to do the same session with all the other Elders & Sisters of the Mission, but was able to join in the last part of President's talk he gave in a reserved room. It was wonderful to see the Elders and Sisters, that I recognized, in the Temple. Of course in the rush of things, I was not able to get any pictures while at the Temple either-though I didn't have time anyway. (I just don't think to take pictures)

Jason stayed with Savannah, since she didn't know her Aunt Launa and Uncle Carl, to stay with them by herself.

1 comment:

Sariah said...

Hey Mandy!! Well, I have finally started a blog. I only put in a short little blurb to see what it looked like, but I will get going later. Thanks for getting my going. I love you! -Riah