Sunday, October 12, 2008

Utah Trip Day 1-Oct 1st

So I found out that I was having a Mission Reunion this year. Of course, I wanted to go, but we weren't sure our budget would be accomodating. The other reason for going was to visit family members, namely Jason's father-as he had not seen Savannah yet. It was at the last minute (on Monday evening) that we decided we would be able to go-driving. So Day One was Wed Oct the 1st.

Here she is with her hand on the plaque as though saying, "This is where we're at!"

We drove Flagstaff way and went through a canyon and stopped at the sightseeing stop (just before Jacob Lake) and let Savannah out to wriggle a little bit. There were a few puppy dogs that their owners let out to stretch and Savannah was watching them. She got to "pet" them too.


You can see that she's enjoying them in this picture.


Savannah did really well on this travel and even though we had a late start (we got out of N Phoenix at around 12:15 pm when I had wanted to leave at 9 am!!) it was a good trip up to St George-or rather Washington where one of Jason's aunts lives. We visited and stayed the night there.




Her face is a little bit dirty because I think I'd just fed her in the car!

This trip, she cried just about every time she was put back into the car seat. Now that she is mobile, apparently she realized how constricting the car seat is now! She didn't do that when we went to Texas a couple months ago.

(I'm a little late for blogging about this trip because I (we) have been playing catch up since arriving back home late Wed night-or rather early morning Thursday. Just today I was able to upload the pictures from our camera)

1 comment:

Silvia and Steven said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Once they are mobile the car seat is a lot harder. Although it seems to change. Nicholas isn't too bad anymore as long as he has books to read or dvd player for long car rides. I have been trying to keep my blog updated lately. I enjoy writing about things because then I wont forget what we are doing. I also think we're so busy and I want all of our family to be updated. Oh btw did you still want me to do some family pictures. I just finished doing Stacy's this week. And I know I told you we could do them. Let me know you don't have to but just know I'd love to if you need some done.