Monday, February 9, 2009

How quickly I forget

Last night...
......... our Stake had a wonderful Fireside. "Greater Than Us All" and the music is by Kenneth Cope. It was uplifting and rejuvenating-even with Savannah there! If you haven't heard of this, it's about Jesus Christ and his life. I first saw this firside back in my college days, down in Tucson, when my good friend, Karen Sanders (now Karen Pellet), attended Uof A. Her institute was putting it on and another friend, Lisa and I happened to be down there visiting her. When I saw this, I was moved and my testimony of our Savior was strengthened. In fact, it was a great influence on my decision to serve a mission.
I was wanting to see this again, so after Savannah woke up from her nap, we were able to quickly get ready and made it. We were lucky to have gotten great seats, near the front with some friends of ours. I was reminded of how blessed I am and how I could be a better person, wife and mother.
This morning......
.........I slept in (cuz little miss Savannah wouldn't sleep through the night) and guess woke up on the wrong side of the bed, cuz I seemed to be short tempered and easily frustrated. Couldn't seem to remember how blessed I am and enjoy the day with Jason and Savannah

Anyway, this was something I was thinking about today and wanted to write this down so that I could revert back to this another day, when I'm being "forgetful".
I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, for the opportunity it gives me to learn and to grow-especially at this time that I'm working with the Primary kids. I have a beautiful daughter who brings joy to my life in a way I didn't think possible. I have a loving, patient, giving husband who is so sweet and kind to me-even when I am not being so nice to him. I love you, Jason!!!

1 comment:

Jason Prince said...

Thank you honey!... hearing that made my day better!