Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our Valentine Day

On Valentine's Day, Jason and I didn't do anything Valentine-ish Saturday morning, we just did errands. Costco, Famous Footwear, Pioneer books, and Fun City (a costume shop). That night though, our ward had a fabulous party, Valentine's Day in Venice. They had contests for Cupid, and so of course I dressed up Savannah as a little Cupid! She ended up being the only one dressed up! Everyone commented on how cute she looked! I got the bow and arrow from our friend's costume store. I used a cloth diaper as part of the costume-since I didn't have any white bloomers. I think it made it a bit more authentic anyway. I couldn't find any wings anywhere, so I ended up just drawing them on white cardstock and cutting them out. They turned out really well, I was very surprised. I taped the bow and arrow on her back, since she wouldn't hold them. I had her in a onesie and tights b/c it was just too cold to have her in only the cloth diaper!




They also had a dance, where some ward members are ballroom dancers and taught a quick lesson on Salsa. I didn't get any pictures of Jason and I dancing0, -but we did catch a slow dance! There's not very many times that I can get Jason to dance, so it's nice when an opportunity comes! A friend got a picture of me dancing the Hustle to "YMCA" with a friend, Doug Anderson. It was fun.


On Monday, Jason and I went out to lunch at Olive Garden. It was our first time leaving Savannah with a babysitter for longer than 30 minutes. I think Jason has been more nervous about leaving her for long periods of time! I have to admit though, while we were gone, I was thinking of her a lot and wondering if she was okay-she started crying as we left, even though they had her in another room. They told us she was fine once she got to go outside. She LOVES to go outside and see animals, dogs and birds are what she sees mostly.
Since having Savannah in our lives, it has helped us in our relationship to grow stronger and closer together. We are so blessed to have each other, and to know that we can be Together Forever as a family! I love you Jason!

2 comments:

Jason Prince said...

I love you too Mandy!

Zortman Family said...

Savannah looks so cute! Good job on the outfit!