Tuesday, October 5, 2010

June Road Trip Part 3

Days 7, 8, 9 and 10

There were a couple of days of just traveling...

But when we got to our destinations, we had some fun!

Day 6
We left Salt Lake City and headed over to Grand Junction CO. What a beautiful drive it was for me. I was the one that drove and I enjoyed it.
Grand Junction is where Jason's Aunt Linda lives. His cousin, Ayme, also lives nearby and she has a a son, Tyson who's just a bit older than Savannah. After dinner we all went outside to play baseball and ride trikes. Tyson was so sweet and let Savannah ride on the back with him, so that she could get a ride and she LOVED it!!!!! They went around and around in a circle on the back patio (which was pretty huge by the way). We had to stop only because it was getting dark, and we were all being eaten alive with mosquito bites!!! We had a great time visiting with them all and Jason's mom, even met up with us there too-cuz she was on her way to Denver as well.

Here are some pics of Tyson Zortman and Savannah on the trike!

Day 7 (Thursday)

We had a lazy start leaving Grand Junction to head to Denver....we figured it was only a 4.5 hour drive. We had to stop by the Walmart on the way out but we had a hard time finding it!! Go figure! Again I did a lot of driving in the beginning, and we switched off. Jason got to drive through Denver traffic-during traffic hour!! Fun fun for him--I'm glad I wasn't the one driving through it! I was the map guide. I told him where to go to get to his sister, Jackie's house.
We got to Jackie's house and we just visited with everyone there. Savannah made a new friend. Before I start into that, I need to preface it with some information. Jackie was married before. She is not in touch with her ex, but she still considers her in-laws from that marriage her family. Her MIL is still very much a part of her life. Her FIL and MIL were in Denver too, to celebrate her Temple Marriage to her new husband. When they came down, they brought some of their granddaughters. I can't remember their names, but the youngest one is about 6? She LOVED being around Savannah and they became playmates. I didn't have to worry about Savannah much while there, cuz her new little friend would be with her!! It was nice!!

Day 8 (Friday)

The next morning we all got ready to go to the Temple. Jackie and Caleb were being sealed in the Temple! Savannah was perfectly fine being left in the Visitor Center while we went into the Temple. It was beautiful! We are so blessed to have these beautiful Temples available to us. To be sealed for Time and All Eternity. It made me think back to Jason and my wedding day, and how calming it was for us (after my hectic morning getting to the Temple) to be kneeling across from one another and be sealed to one another forever. It's AWESOME!!!!

Here's Savannah with her cousins, Rayden and Mackenzie Sinema.

Family picture in front of the Denver Temple.

Savannah with her cousins, and new friend.
The rest of the day consisted of a picnic lunch at the park for everyone and then relaxing at the house afterward.
Caleb and Jackie went on a date that night, and when they got back, Jason and I got to visit with the two of them. It was nice to finally have a chance to catch up on each others lives. With so many family members around, there wasn't much chance to sit and talk, so we took this opportunity when it came!!

Day 9 and 10 (Saturday & Sunday)

Saturday morning we left kinda early (8-9-ish I think) in the morning. It was gonna be a long drive to Albuquerque NM! Pretty much all of Saturday was driving to Albuquerque. We had a little break when we stopped for lunch at a Mexican restaurant. Other than that, the day wasn't super exciting....! We found a hotel to stay at for the night and it had an indoor pool, and Savannah wanted to so swimming so bad!!! We didn't have any swimmy diapers for her though and we hemmed and hawed at whether we would go to the store to buy some....in the end we just distracted her with movies and walking around (avoiding the pool area). We had enough of being in the car!!

Sunday morning, we checked out and headed out toward home. I was hoping to get a hold of my cousin, Trisha Foote, who lives in Snowflake AZ. I wanted to see if we could stop for a visit and a break. We went ahead and turned off the Highway and headed toward Snowflake, because I wanted to see the Snowflake Temple. She got my message and called me back and we made arrangements for us to come over after we see the Snowflake Temple.

Here's a couple of pictures of us in front of the Snowflake Temple.





We went to my cousin's house and visited with her family. Her and her husband have 4 kids. Their youngest, was their only daughter. She was not much older than Savannah, I think she was 4 yrs old. Savannah had such fun playing with her and her toys! It was a nice break from being in the car. Though, we had a hard time pulling her away from the house to get back into the car! Other than a stop in Payson, we went straight home!

It was nice to be back home! It wasn't so late that we felt like going straight to bed, we got everything brought in, and then just relaxed and I think watched a movie!!

We got to visit with LOTS and LOTS of people!!! I counted up 6 friends and 10 family members we got to see!!! Out of the family members, only 2 of them were mine (Mandy)!!! But out of the friends, 4 of them were mine!!! Jason has lots of family up in UT!!

I really enjoy traveling. I think it stems from my growing up. I remember many summers that we went traveling. Yellowstone National Park one summer. Redwood Forest-Circus Circus-Knott's Berry Farm and Sea World another summer. A few road trips to FL. Such great memories. I hope that we can have memories for our kids as we/they get older.

No comments: