Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Spilled Milk


(this is a picture off of the internet)

So yesterday, I gave Savannah a cup of chocolate milk. It had a lid on it. I was still in the kitchen, when I hear a little clunk. I just figured it was her playing with some toys on the tile in our Living Room entryway. Several seconds later Savannah calls out to me. I come around the corner, and lo and behold, there's the cup--on the floor. The lid had come off and so the milk was spilled out. Savannah started to explain to me what happened. I'm not mad, cuz I figured she was trying to put it on the table and it's so tall that it tipped over on her and fell. Anyway, so she starts explaining this to me, and then she starts crying!! She felt so bad about it, (or she was so afraid of me being mad about it) that she was crying!! It was all I could do to keep myself from chuckling and crying at the same time! I took her in my arms immediately and tried to console her, telling her, "It's okay, I'm not mad." And she still looks at me questioningly, with big teardrops on her cheeks. So I had to hold her for a little bit longer to convince her it was okay.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

awwww.... sweet little thing! :)