Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Stockings

I am so excited for this Christmas. It's Savannah's first Christmas! Kids bring a special excitement into the festivities and since I haven't been a kid for a good long while, I've missed that excitement.
I also hope that I can focus my festivities on giving and serving, in observance of Christ's birth and life. Christ is a wonderful exemplar of service and love. How grateful we are for His example and Love.


Merry Christmas to YOU!!

This year, I decided that I was gonna be a little homemaker......I made our stockings and bought enough material to make more, for later. I think they turned out pretty good, if I may say so myself. My mom has an embroidery machine and so she was able to put our names on the cuffs.

Here is a picture of our Christmas tree. You can see that this even has a lining in it......
I didn't think to have Jason take any pictures while I was cutting out the material and stuff, so I only have this picture of my small sewing station set up in the living room. I had to do this while Savannah was sleeping, or else she'd get into it and I wouldn't get much done. She actually was awake part of the time that I had this out, and she was absolutely curious about it-as I'm sure all babies would be.


And here are the finished products!! Green for the "boys" and Red for the "girls"!

I have lots of memories of my mom making clothes for me and my dolls (including Barbies) and costumes for me, and I think it would be great if I am able to do even half of the things she did, for Savannah.

1 comment:

mommy said...

How fun! I totally wanted to make stockings for us this year but with the move(s) and everything else I just didn't get around to it. Next year though!