Monday, December 15, 2008

Sleepless Nights

Yes, she's 11 months old now, but there are still many nights that I have to get up with her. But a couple of nights ago, she was up every hour from 12:30 pm until 3:30 and then she stayed awake until 5:30!!! I finally got to lay down, tired, crying, and irritated, only to be awakened 30 min. later by a demanding Savannah! This time, Jason, sweet and patient that he is, let me get some sleep as he tried to get her down. She didn't go back down until close to 9 am and even then she only slept for 45 minutes. At this time, I decided she was ready to be fed, so I nursed her in bed and she slept for another 2.5 hours in bed with us! My oh my, was I a cranky mama for the rest if the day! When I laid her down for sleep that night, I hoped she would be good and tired to sleep-but an hour later, she was awake and it was enough to bring me to tears, dreading a repeated sleepless night. She did go down though and slept soundly this time for a good many hours. I was very relieved.
My little Savannah loves to be held and cradled to sleep, I think that's part of the culprit. I guess this is the price I pay for wanting to hold her so much, especially while she's sleeping-during the day!

1 comment:

Silvia and Steven said...

first of all I love your blog layout! Don't you just LOVE Christmas?! :O)

And even when we don't want them to have the sweets they seem to find them. I think a few wasn't a big deal for Savannah and now you have a memory.

Oh I know how you feel. The only difference is I have a newborn and Savannah is 11 months. But they seem to start waking up at different months... Nicholas started 2 weeks ago and luckily is back to sleeping the night. Yet i'm still up with Alexander these last few nights. HOpefully it is because he is having a growth spurt and will go back to how he was sleeping before. I have had a hard time with lack of sleep. And crying so i'm with you. I hope she does better. Oh and about holding them do it while you can because they grow up so fast and you'll wish you had those moments again....