Saturday, August 2, 2008

Driving to Texas

Well here we are on our way. At this time, almost 5 pm (AZ time) we are still not in San Antonio yet. We're still about 1.5 to 2 hrs away. We had a late start last night, we actually didn't leave from our place until close to 9 pm!!! We planned to leave more like 6:30 or 7, oh well. I wanted to feed Savannah right before we left, so that she'd fall asleep in the car seat once we got going, but she was SSOOOO tired, she was falling asleep in my arms, as I was trying to gather the last minute things. Her head kept bobbing up and down, I should've gotten a pic of her, but I was too occupied with other things. I finally ended up just putting her in the car seat while I finished up with the last of the packing, and she didn't even flinch when I put her down, which is very unusual! She was knocked out. She woke up for the beginning of the trip, I fed her a bottle that I pumped earlier that day and hoped that she would go to sleep, which she did after about an hour. After driving for a few hours, we stayed at a cheap motel in Deming NM and slept for about 5 hrs and continued on our way.



Here's a pic of her in the car seat looking happy. We are very surprised at how well she's handling being in the car for so long.



She actually slept quite a bit, I was worried that she'd be too intrigued by the cousins and scenery to fall asleep.

So far, our adventure with Savannah is turning out to be pretty good. We have been very blessed with such a good natured baby. When she was sick last weekend, she didn't cry any more than usual, that is until Sunday evening when we started to clean her eyes from the goopiness.

We are very relieved that she wasn't fussy during this portion of the road trip. We are looking forward to the rest of the trip and we'll keep you updated!

2 comments:

Becky said...

What a trooper she is! I'm glad that you're able to have a fun family vacation together. Enjoy, and travel safely!

Tiffany said...

Yay I'm so glad it went well! Have a safe trip home!