Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday is Funday in Texas

Today, we had a full and busy day, once it got started. We had a lazy morning, trying to figure what we wanted to do. There is a fun place called ZDT's, it's got a rock climbing wall, a roller coaster simulator, and a bungie jumping trampoline thingy (I don't know the official name of it!). Oh, and there was a Go Kart racetrack too. Also, there are a bunch of arcade games to play, oh, and there's this humongous activity gymboree. It had a slide, rope walk, bridge, and a couple of cannons to shoot some soft play balls.

I did the rock climb and the bungie jumping trampoline. Jason was content to watch me while holding Savannah. We both did a round of the Go Kart. Jason took pictures of us the 2nd time around.


Here are some of the pictures:

I know you can't see my face in this one-blame Jason! I almost made it to the top, I was SO close, but my hands/arms just couldn't go any further. I even tried again later, but my arms were giving out before I was even halfway! I am so weak, that's so sad!

On the left side is Ethan and then his dad, Tim. Jayden, my nephew is in the orange car on the right and I am in the way back-you can hardly see me, but I've got my arms up in the air.

Here's a close up pic of me in the Go Kart, having fun! The track was kinda short, but it was still fun!

Ella got to play Air Hockey with her dad!!

After we got done there, we went to Riverwalk, which is where the Alamo is. We got there with only 5 minutes to look around-bummer. We took a boat tour around that area, I was amazed at the history behind a lot of the buildings. The humidity was something that a lot of us were not use to, so it was a little uncomfortable at times. Savannah was such a trooper. She didn't get much of a nap while at ZDT's, and she got a catnap when we drove over to the Riverwalk. She was tired but still would smile at us and also the people in the boat that paid attention to her. Jason and I figured out, that she loves attention. In the following picture, we're in the Riverboat, even though you can't tell!

By the time we walked back to the van, we were all feeling icky from the humidity and ready to take showers once we were back at Rika & Tim's place. Before heading home though, Rika and Tim treated us to dinner at their favorite restaurant, Norma's Family Mexican Restaurant. They all love it. I did really enjoy the chicken enchilada that I had. We got home and Savannah was really tired out.
All in all, this was a very busy and eventful day for us. We visited while in the van going places and enjoyed the green scenery. I am amazed at how green it is here-I was expecting it to be more desert-like. It's beautiful to see acres of green grass and trees.

No comments: