Friday, August 8, 2008

More Antique Shopping on Wednesday

Apparently Lottie and Rika didn't get enough of it on Tuesday! Jason and I weren't gonna go this time, but Lottie was convincing (forcing!!) us to go. This time George and Jason came, so it was more fun. George did the driving, so I was able to visit better with Lottie & Rika this time, and Jason helped out a lot with Savannah. I'm certain Jason didn't get as big of thrill on this little trip, but I was able to enjoy it better. We went to New Bruenfels this time and there was a little Cafe we ate at and it was VERY good. Ella had pancakes that were to die for--everyone had a bite of them! We walked up and down the little street and then headed back home. Rika had some good finds.
Let me explain why Rika and Tim are here in Texas. Tim's family is all here in San Antonio and he had some land given to him. They are currently saving up to build their house on the property, so in the mean time, they bought a single-wide 3 bedroom trailer to live in to save money. Well Rika bought some stuff on Tuesday and Wednesday. Jason made the comment, "Rika must have a hole burning her pocket" and he also commented later, "I feel sorry for Tim." Of course it was in good teasing. When we got back and Rika showed Tim her findings, he was saying something like, "Oh I can see that we really needed that" and something along the lines of, "Remember, the more shopping you do, the longer it delays us building our house!" I thought that was kinda funny.
Here's a picture of Savannah and Ella, Ella's not smiling. I asked her why and she said because she was tired. (of antique shopping I'd guess!)
I actually was doing my posting on the way home yesterday, but something happened to our Sprint internet connection, we couldn't get the laptop to recognize the phone as a modem, so I had to stop. I'm finishing it today.

1 comment:

Jason T said...

Thanks for the postt